Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fireworks and Sooooo In Love!!!!

You know when you have the first kid and you wonder when you have the 2nd kid how you could ever love anything like you already love the first!!! Well....with adoption it is the same only scarier (Ok I just asked Paul how to spell it and he doesn't think it is a word...but in Klose language it is) because this child did not come out of your body....I have experienced this now 3 times....and everytime the love just happens and it really doesn't matter where the child comes from, all that matters it that they are with you and you love them!!! So I am again in LOVE....I have to admitt the first few days were different in this adoption because Jacob was older and I couldn't shower him with kisses and hugs and hold him and stuff!!! Not that I haven't loved him since the minute I layed eyes on him!!! but once I actually had him I had to restrain myself because I knew he needed time to learn to Love me....with Caleb and the girls it was just an instant bonding experience because they were so young (and didn't know any better). And believe me he still isn't showering me with kisses....but things are looking up!!!
Needless to say so many thing have happend in these three short days since we have gotten home....
We arrived home on Saturday night around 8pm.  as the car pulled into the driveway Jade and Lily and Gabby (the neighbor girl and best friend of Jade) were all sitting at the end of the driveway waiting for us....on the fence the welcome home sign and balloons were there (thanks Dick and Donna)...I thought he was going to be ok....I jumped out of the car crying to see my girls...Jacob stayed in the car and started to cry this pretty much was the moment he was not looking forward to!!! Him actually being in the US with a family who didn't speak Chinese!!! He cried really loud and didn't want to get out of the car...once we got him out of the car he didn't want to go in the house...After sitting with him in the driveway for about 20 min. we were finally able to get him to come into the house.....We had to kinda drag him into the house like the way he was dragged out of the orphanage...We showed him his room and where everyone's bedrooms were then the main living area....then we showed him the BASEMENT!!! that is where all the fun is....the toys and the media room....the crying seemed to get softer when we were down there...We went back to the kitchen and at this point all the kids including the neighbor kids came running over....before we knew it Jacob was running around and laughing and happy!!!! at this point he was just another kid in the neighborhood!!! We then called a few neighbors over ourselves and had a few glasses of champagne...And before I mentioned that I am a big believer in signs...well,our first date was to watch fireworks...and we have had many displays of fireworks in our lives and alway appreciate a good firworks dispaly....Well here we are sitting in little bitty Center Vally, PA and off went the loudest fireworks....it was crazy none of the nightbors expected it!!! I told Paul "it is a another sign" and he said what that we are adopting another child....and I said NO "God has given me everything I could want and more"...Everyone then went to bed...
The next morning Jacob woke up early....then woke up ALL of his siblings...future note "Don't ever wake up Jade early" but she was actually ok with this-this one time!!! He was sooooo excited...he ran around the house looking at everything checking the pantry and the cupboards...He went downstairs and played with
every toy...We had a good day a nice dinner and early to bed!!!!


Our first breakfast as a family of 6
Welcome home Jacob Shi Zheng Farr!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment