Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things are going good....

I know it has been awhile since my last post....but needless to say I have been busy!!! Having Jacob home with me during the day has been somewhat of an adjustment for me....I am used to dropping the kids off at school then having the next 7.5 hrs. or so to myself...I really haven't been getting much done!!! but that is ok..I am trying to keep him busy....He started swimming lessons on Monday...and what a fish he is!!! He was basically swimming by himself...he has no fear of the water and puts his head under and everything....he will be swimming in no time!!! Ling Sun tutor's Jacob Monday thru Friday....for about 2 hrs. a day...she is working on his English and Math....He is a quick learner and I am sooo happy we have her to help!!! It is good that I am the Mommy and she is the teacher!!! I also think he likes having someone to speak Chinese with...Jade and Lily like to draw alot...so Jacob has been joining them...Most of his pictures consist of his house, him and Packer airplanes and trees....all good things I guess I would be concerned if they were of war and bad stuff....Last weekend we had a fire outside and Paul and all the kids went in the hot tub....Jacob saw his first rainbow and loved it!!! I mentioned Packer....Yes, Packer our dog....Jacob was deathly afraid of him at first but now.....HE LOVES THE DOG....actually I think he is driving Packer crazy because he follows him around all day long....he even tells Packer in perfect English "I love you Packer"....and is always kissing him...I caught him rubbing noses with Packer the other day....Speaking of Love....Jacob loves Lily...him and Lily are making a special bond...he is always carrying her around...I know he also loves Jade and Caleb...his eyes light up when the kids come home from school....I cannot thank Caleb, Jade and Lily enough...they have been so good with him....they really engage Jacob and play board games, put together puzzles, play outside and just really keep a close eye on him....they are also a big help in the keeping him line as they reinforce the rules of the house....It is better than me saying no all the time!!! Jacob is a really social kid...he has a good friend in the neighborhood, Nolan...they are the same age and have been having alot of fun together!!! Jacob has gone over to Nolan's house and has no problem fitting in...So far everyone that has met Jacob thinks he is a really good kid....he is very easy going and really has no problems fitting in...We have been trying to teach him how to ride a bike...but he just can't stop yet!!! Jacob continues to be a good sleeper and eater....He is pretty much eating anything we put in front of him....he sleeps well...today, after lunch he actually took a nap...so did Mama....We are having fun figuring this all out and I couldn't do it without Caleb, Jade and Lily...they are great!!! I go back to the reason I decided to do this in the first place!!! I love my kids!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kym

    I am so happy to hear things are going so well!! It amazes me how easily these precious children are able to transition in the midst of all the chaos around them. God bless and keep in touch! I promise a blog update soon ;)

    sheila

    ReplyDelete