Friday, April 16, 2010

We are in Chicago

We left the house at 4:45am and flew from Philadelphia to Chicago.  We have a four hour layover here in Chicago but don't feel bad for us because we have access to the first class lounge.  Caleb is enjoying all the free drinks and food while he is watching cartoons. Paul and I presented him with a gift a few minutes ago...his very own flip video camera...we expect him to document his trip so he can share his experience with his classmates.  I am sitting down and having a glass of champaign while I make my very first post.  It is a miracle this blog ever came to be...I have been extreamly busy getting not only Paul, Caleb, Jacob and myself packed and ready for this trip but I had to make sure the girls were all set as well.  Speaking of Jade and Lily they have been buddies in the few days before our departure...I told them they needed to take care of one another and I think they are taking that seriously...they have been sleeping together and last night while Jade was taking a bath Lily was standing by the tub with a towel over her arm and she said to me "I am Jade's servant" I guess Jade is making the most of the time alone with her sister.  Thanks to our good friends and family the girls will be well taken care of while we are gone.  We are just 2 flights away from Beijing the home city of our new son!!! I will try to post again once we get to Tokyo where we will have another 2 hr. layover...Once again we will have access to wonderful lounge Caleb is excited to eat the sushi!!! I always look forward to the heated toilet seats!!! (Yes, in Japan they have the MOST wonderful toilets)...we go from that to the squatty potties in China...I pray I get some sleep!!!! Before I sign off I want to Thank You to my Wonderful!!! husband Paul....This is the 3rd time I am making this journey and the 3rd time I flew 1st class...everytime we have been able to do this because of all of his past travel and time away from us...(yes, frequent flier miles)...Kym
Paul and Caleb in Chicago

1 comment:

  1. Hi, how I love to read your work. It is fantastic! Good to know you adopted 3 kids from China. You are wonderful mother and father.
    Yan

    ReplyDelete